Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to login/setup
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM,
How to login/setup
Hey guys!

I'm new to this, altought I played in the MxO official servers.
This is a very cool project and has my support!

But I haven't any idea how to connect to your servers.
Can anyone help me please?

Well thanks in advance!

P.S.: Great Project! Keep it up! I would love to see and play this game again! Big Grin
04-21-2010, 12:14 AM,
RE: How to login/setup
(04-20-2010, 10:49 PM)Logan Wrote: Hey guys!

I'm new to this, altought I played in the MxO official servers.
This is a very cool project and has my support!

But I haven't any idea how to connect to your servers.
Can anyone help me please?

Well thanks in advance!

P.S.: Great Project! Keep it up! I would love to see and play this game again! Big Grin

Hi - So, there are no servers....yet.

There is another, seperate project that has/had a test server. Their website was http://mxoemu.info/ .

However, that website has been hacked and no one currently knows the status of the project there.

This site has Dev's working on a different emulator. Browse throught the topics, you should be able to piece together whats going on.
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM,
(04-21-2010, 12:14 AM)Sixxth Wrote: However, that website has been hacked and no one currently knows the status of the project there.

The forums seem to be back up now, but I'm getting virus notifications when browsing. Also, it seems that Raj's updated client is no longer on his site, and using a download manager as he's suggested reveals little success. Do I need that to run Reality? I think I have everything else. Will test tonight.
04-21-2010, 02:20 AM,
Yh, keep getting virus threats from the site :S
To Deny Our Own Impulses, Is To deny The Very Thing That Makes Us Human

04-21-2010, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2010, 03:00 AM by Sixxth.)
(04-21-2010, 12:41 AM)Parallax Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 12:14 AM)Sixxth Wrote: However, that website has been hacked and no one currently knows the status of the project there.

The forums seem to be back up now, but I'm getting virus notifications when browsing. Also, it seems that Raj's updated client is no longer on his site, and using a download manager as he's suggested reveals little success. Do I need that to run Reality? I think I have everything else. Will test tonight.

Really? - I still get the "It works" message when I go to Rajko site but nothing else, and no virus messages.

Not sure what you are trying to download - the stand alone server? On that site you could download the stand alone server to run around by yourself, and some files to access the test server.
04-21-2010, 03:14 AM,
Haven't gotten any threats on my end.
04-21-2010, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2010, 06:49 AM by Parallax.)
(04-21-2010, 02:57 AM)Sixxth Wrote: Really? - I still get the "It works" message when I go to Rajko site but nothing else, and no virus messages.

Not sure what you are trying to download - the stand alone server?

Try clearing your cache. I'm using Metalogic's guide. I'm not sure what the differences between servers are, so i couldn't say which I'm trying to use. I suppose it may be the stand-alone server. I'm still getting that error when trying to run RealityMood/Reality anyway. It's probably something to do with my OS. I've done it both my way (using MySQL import) and Meta's (using AppServer).

(04-21-2010, 03:14 AM)Gerik Wrote: Haven't gotten any threats on my end.

I'm using avast Home Edition.
04-21-2010, 07:11 AM,
(04-21-2010, 06:41 AM)Parallax Wrote: Try clearing your cache. I'm using Metalogic's guide. I'm not sure what the differences between servers are, so i couldn't say which I'm trying to use. I suppose it may be the stand-alone server. I'm still getting that error when trying to run RealityMood/Reality anyway. It's probably something to do with my OS. I've done it both my way (using MySQL import) and Meta's (using AppServer).

Yeah, I had tried clearing cache earlier, no change. However, just tried logging on again, and it was successful.

Anyhow, if you are using the idiots guide, thats the standalone server - just a server you run on your own machine to run around and see the sites in Richland. As you know, you have to run Reality to make the stand alone work. It worked for me the first time, so cant help you troubleshoot, although there are lots of threads on that forum for you to search for help.

Good luck, having the standalone server makes waiting for an emu less painful!
04-21-2010, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2010, 08:07 AM by Gerik.)
(04-21-2010, 06:41 AM)Parallax Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 03:14 AM)Gerik Wrote: Haven't gotten any threats on my end.

I'm using avast Home Edition.

AVG here.
04-22-2010, 03:32 PM,
Site seems back up, however I am cashing my chips in and staying here. Seems Raj took another break

Quote:i have better things to do than to entertain you people
so everyone go bother hardlinedreams people from now on

Sound like a break to anyone else? Or something more perhaps?