Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some cool things that could have been (MxO)
02-11-2010, 08:32 AM,
RE: Some cool things that could have been (MxO)
Awesome, thanks, Sixxth
[Image: SigForMaruth.jpg]
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM,
(02-11-2010, 08:32 AM)The Black Widow Wrote: Awesome, thanks, Sixxth

My pleasure..

/formalbow
02-13-2010, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2010, 07:53 AM by EmeraldSkye.)
(02-11-2010, 06:11 AM)Vesuveus Wrote:
(02-11-2010, 03:29 AM)Broker Wrote:
(02-11-2010, 12:05 AM)Sixxth Wrote: I think the idea would be that the bluepills *don't* see most of the craziness that the redpills do. We see it, because we are no longer part of the system....

Exactly. It's a well-known fact that when people are confronted with something that should be impossible, most will dismiss it, refuse to believe it, or just not see it.

This. Because double clicking some NPCs, they would say that they saw some stuff, but it was rather dismissive.
Well, I am familiar with this explanation. But what confuses me is how it seems to be refuted by the movies themselves. Huh

At the very beginning of The Matrix, we have a lone Redpill (Trinity) at odds with numerous Bluepills (the local police force) and a few of their Agent allies. Before you know it, the cops try to put the cuffs on Trinity, only for her to whip around and hand them a holy beatdown. During said holy beatdown, Trinity exhibits a few Matrix-tweaking abilities...two or three seconds of wall running, the 360-degree-pan Mega Kick of Doom...pretty fancy stuff, but stuff which can still be handwaved away by the belief that a Bruce-Lee-caliber fighter could pull off the same crazy maneuvers, right?

So then they all take the pursuit to the rooftops. Trinity's running, the cops are running and Agent Brown (or whichever Agent that is giving chase) is running. Along comes a big, huge gap between two buildings. Trinity clears it, the cops clear it (some of them only barely clearing it) and the Agent clears it. Along comes an even bigger, huger, street-sized gap. Trinity clears it, the cops pretty much just stop and say "That's impossible, no way in hell am I taking that jump"...and watch in utter astonishment as Agent Brown jumps and clears it. After all, common sense says that no normal human being can clear a 30-foot leap--even when running--which is about as broad as two traffic lanes and two sidewalks would be.

Who knows how amazed they would have been to get across and see Trinity clear a boulevard-sized gap with her Corkscrew Dive of Doom, eh? Cool
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
02-13-2010, 08:01 AM,
(02-13-2010, 07:52 AM)EmeraldSkye Wrote: Well, I am familiar with this explanation. But what confuses me is how it seems to be refuted by the movies themselves. Huh

At the very beginning of The Matrix, we have a lone Redpill (Trinity) at odds with numerous Bluepills (the local police force) and a few of their Agent allies. Before you know it, the cops try to put the cuffs on Trinity, only for her to whip around and hand them a holy beatdown. During said holy beatdown, Trinity exhibits a few Matrix-tweaking abilities...two or three seconds of wall running, the 360-degree-pan Mega Kick of Doom...pretty fancy stuff, but stuff which can still be handwaved away by the belief that a Bruce-Lee-caliber fighter could pull off the same crazy maneuvers, right?

So then they all take the pursuit to the rooftops. Trinity's running, the cops are running and Agent Brown (or whichever Agent that is giving chase) is running. Along comes a big, huge gap between two buildings. Trinity clears it, the cops clear it (some of them only barely clearing it) and the Agent clears it. Along comes an even bigger, huger, street-sized gap. Trinity clears it, the cops pretty much just stop and say "That's impossible, no way in hell am I taking that jump"...and watch in utter astonishment as Agent Brown jumps and clears it. After all, common sense says that no normal human being can clear a 30-foot leap--even when running--which is about as broad as two traffic lanes and two sidewalks would be.

Who knows how amazed they would have been to get across and see Trinity clear a boulevard-sized gap with her Corkscrew Dive of Doom, eh? Cool

Good point here, they do say "thats impossible".

Although, who knows, maybe 5 minutes later, the matrix made them believe that what they saw was actually a small gap jumped, because, as we all know, you can't jump a 30 foot gap, right?

Wink
02-13-2010, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2010, 08:13 AM by EmeraldSkye.)
Heh...but there's more! Remember the Tomato Lady from The Matrix Reloaded's world-famous Burly Brawl? She looked pretty startled to see the Burly-Brawl-in-progress; was she startled simply because she saw one guy fending off a massive horde of attackers, or was it because she saw that all one-gazillion attackers were all the same guy? Considering that her observation was enough for an Agent to bodyjack her, I'm kind of inclined to think it was the latter; an ordinary riot would be police jurisdiction instead of Agent jurisdiction, after all....

The jury's still out on whether or not the security grunts at the government building saw any wall-running during the lobby shoot-out, though. I have the movie playing right behind me. I'll watch it and get back to you. Big Grin
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
02-13-2010, 08:27 AM,
Well here's the thing.

If a Red jumps up 30 feet, the Blues see that. When Neo revived Trinity, they would have seen his hand go through her and come out with a bullet (just like how we saw his hand come out with the bullet). However, they WOULDN'T have seen the code as Neo had seen it.

To move that over to MxO, Blues would see Reds banging away at these goofy looking datapads, but they wouldn't see the actual codetaps. Like someone said before, Blues would see what you see when you hit CTRL + F. No fancy shmancy red code when a Logic Bomb is cast, but they would see the attacker mimic coding into the air, and the attackee wince from the pain of the hit.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.