Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party at Club Polyvynyl
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM,
RE: Party at Club Polyvynyl
Wouldn't Daemon describe SOE better?
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM,
I actually like Daemon. Because to the bluepills, the programs of The Matrix are running underneath the exterior view.
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM,
(02-04-2010, 03:05 AM)Twaggy Wrote: You are now my pet Big Grin

Yesh...master!

Ahem, on topic. I still like the sound of Phoenix, it just makes sense. Big Grin

I did good master, yesh?
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM,
(02-04-2010, 06:32 AM)Morpheus Wrote: i dont like it, its a overused word! xD.

i may think about it.... someday

And yes, all were computer related terms.
We should be called "array", "integer", "hash" ... xD
What about Iteration? That has a nice, Matrixy feel. It means "repetition" (so it alludes to MxO returning from the dead while avoiding the done-to-death Phoenix). And I used to play tabletop Mage: The Ascension a lot, and one Artificial-Intelligence-and-cybernetics Convention or division among the Technocracy was named Iteration X, so named because they invented Artificial Intelligence by feeding a self-awareness algorithm into a hypercomputer, and on the tenth iteration it took. Hence, Iteration X.

Yes, I'm a roleplaying game nerd. You may kick my ass sideways now. Undecided

Anyway, vote for Iteration! Please?
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM,
Iteration is pretty cool. Wasn't there a server with a similar name prior to the merge?

In that manor, can we compile a list of all past server names?
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 02:25 PM by EmeraldSkye.)
(02-08-2010, 01:23 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: Iteration is pretty cool. Wasn't there a server with a similar name prior to the merge?

In that manor, can we compile a list of all past server names?
Someone at Wikipedia already did it for us. Big Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix_...erver_list

And the server's name was "Iterator", apparently. Close. Smile

Speaking of that article:

Quote:A grand finale was planned where all online players were to be crushed, but due to a server glitch, most players were disconnected before the final blow came. What had been envisioned as a last hurrah transpired as a gruesome slide show. High pings and low framerates caused by the developers giving out advanced powers (with graphically demanding effects) and abilities to all players, coupled with the flooded chat interface, meant many players were unable to experience the final event as intended. Because developer level powers had been given to all remaining players, the situation on PvP servers (Vector in particular) meant that players could kill each other with a single hit.
Wut?

1) I never got any developer-level powers...not that I know of, anyway. Undecided
2) Emerald's RSI got crushed just fine, thank you. My only complaint about the finale was all the nitwits spamming their screen-hogging "fireworks" all over Mara Central. I should have picked a more secluded spot to wait out the final half-hour, I swear.... Dodgy
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM,
(02-04-2010, 10:10 AM)Valaro Wrote: Wouldn't Daemon describe SOE better?

(02-04-2010, 10:30 AM)Metalogic Wrote: I actually like Daemon. Because to the bluepills, the programs of The Matrix are running underneath the exterior view.

Yes. It would.

(02-08-2010, 02:21 PM)EmeraldSkye Wrote: 1) I never got any developer-level powers...not that I know of, anyway. Undecided

On Vector there where too many with Dev. powers.
[Image: DaemonSigII.jpg]

02-09-2010, 02:59 PM,
(02-08-2010, 10:28 PM)Daemon Flux Wrote: On Vector there where too many with Dev. powers.
Ah. I was on Syntax. Maybe that's it.
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM,
What sort of dev powers? I.e Other than Zen Master
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM,
COMPRESS