Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some cool things that could have been (MxO)
02-09-2010, 04:23 AM,
Some cool things that could have been (MxO)
Heres a link to Paul Chadwicks blog. He outlines some abilities/consumables that were to go along with the "unlimit" story arc. Would have been very very cool. Of course, they never happened due to Sony "downsizing" the MxO team. Check out the sketches on the page - awesome.

http://concrete.blogs.com/paul_chadwicks...index.html
02-09-2010, 04:34 AM,
RE: Some cool things that could have been (MxO)
WOW! I still dont understand, what happened. Who was the one man that screwed up lol The ideas this game had were endless! This game had limitless possibilities! All this crap about oh it was hard coded and oh it was such a difficult game to code stuff for.

Lets look at: The Playstation 3! How many developer companies said. "Oh no its gonna be so hard to cde for this console" Now adays they sing a different tune "We are only now unlocking the full potential of the PS3" Its takes time for things to get off the ground. Unlimit Powers would have rocked. I always did wonder why repills couldn't take advantage of that stuff. There was only one reason. No dev power used effectively... Another thing that gets me is why didn't the wachowskis get more involved? I mean they were huge MMO players once upon a time. D&D and then they get THERE OWN MMO! And they go "Pffft, We have an MMO?" "News to me". Surely they would want there baby to have a better chance. Or to have gone down fighting. Bunch of Quitters is all this game had really... And yet the community (That knew the game existed, and were the reason Monolith devs originally had jobs) stayed around in hopes to see there game kick ass... Jesus what a fucking let down.
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM,
Wow...some of those Unlimit misfires "booby prizes" woulda been nice to see in-game. The powers do seem a little too inhuman for my taste, though; was never a fan of the more obvious breakings of physical laws like flight or blast beams, even if it was temporary. Shame that the cuts made them impossible (or take an impractical amount of time) to implement.
02-09-2010, 05:55 AM,
I remember seeing Unlimits in cutscenes use the eye/mouth beams. Always wondered why they never showed ingame. I guess that's the answer!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

02-09-2010, 06:11 AM,
Nice find, Sixxth!
02-09-2010, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010, 06:22 AM by Sixxth.)
(02-09-2010, 06:11 AM)Vesuveus Wrote: Nice find, Sixxth!

Aww, its *your* find really - from Chadwicks blog. I do have Chadwicks blog and Rarebits site bookmarked,but hadnt gone through through Chadwicks in a long long time.....so I just started hunting back through to find Mxo posts.

Smile
02-09-2010, 06:38 AM,
not sure about the lore thing, but for me, that unlimit new things are closer to tour yourself into either a hero from city of heroes or an elf from X (fill yourself) online....

just my 2 cents.
02-09-2010, 06:49 AM,
(02-09-2010, 06:38 AM)Morpheus Wrote: not sure about the lore thing, but for me, that unlimit new things are closer to tour yourself into either a hero from city of heroes or an elf from X (fill yourself) online....

just my 2 cents.

So, I guess what I find interesting about it is the fact that they were going to *change* and *add* things - and not trivial things either. I mean, wow, if they had more events and then spawned new things related to that event earlier in the games life - who knows what would have happened?

Its awesome how here, in this place, any mention of Elves immediately discredits anything! Smile

But yeah, superpowers would break the rules of reality for the bluepills. So I get that - but we did hyperjump, type on invisible keyboards, and create untold AOE fireworks around the bluepills . None of them seemed to mind (although they would stop walking if you were fighting on the sidewalk and wait till you were done to continue)

Smile
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM,
Turns out they are oblivious... or maybe the ones we fought in front of JUST happened to be the 1% who accepted the program LOL
02-09-2010, 09:07 AM,
(02-09-2010, 09:00 AM)Valaro Wrote: Turns out they are oblivious... or maybe the ones we fought in front of JUST happened to be the 1% who accepted the program LOL

Don't you mean 99% who accepted the program?