Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MxO Photoshop/Renders/Art
02-08-2010, 03:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 03:12 AM by azarazamataz.)
MxO Photoshop/Renders/Art
I know a lot of people within MxO were extremely good at editting In-game MxO screenshots and making them look ridiculously sexy. I'm not sure if any of those photoshop'ers are on these forums but I thought I would make a thread for it as personally, it's one of the main things I visited DN1 for.

I do some photoshop myself but definetly not enough to rival most if not all members within MxO that could photoshop. Although, I guess you can't really get any better without criticism and feedback, so I'll put some of my photoshop'd pictures up here for all to see.

I'll be making more and hopefully gaining more knowledge as I progress. who knows, maybe I could do some requests for the Emu Community.

Photoshop #1 - Machinist Stalker

[Image: screenshot_341.jpg]

I really liked this picture, it made the character look as if she was being watched. So I thought to myself, who could possibly be watching her?
Machinists of course! So I added a few effects to try make it look as if she was being watched/traced by some sort of machine operator.

[Image: TargetLocated.jpg]

I was pleased with the outcome to a certain extent but I couldn't help but feel the Red HUD didn't really fit in with the whole picture, I think I may have overdone it on the black-green gradient overlay or maybe I overdid it with the curves, I guess I'll be able to correct that in the future. It would have also been nice if I had a passport style picture of this character to make the HUD look like it has more of a purpose, but unfortunately I couldn't find one.

[Image: ArtSig.png]
02-08-2010, 04:35 AM,
RE: MxO Photoshop/Renders/Art
I would say tone down the black on the code and maybe change the RED (which I like) to Matrix Green too?
02-08-2010, 05:40 AM,
Personally, I'd like to see more green and less black.

The red HUD is OK, but might be even better if you made more HUD, not just the charachter outline.

I'll have to post some of my edits in a little bit when I don't have a 9 month old in my lap. (she keeps hitting keys. hehe)
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-08-2010, 05:46 AM,
Got a load of cool screenshots/edits I've collected from the community over the years.

I'll zip it up and post it when I'm at my home PC.
02-08-2010, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 05:50 AM by Valaro.)
Sweet id like to see that actually cloudwolf so hurry up Tongue

Anyone else who is good with photoshops and things feel free to post your data here Smile

On a plus side I like how you upgraded the street lamp effect to look more realistic!
02-08-2010, 06:32 AM,
(02-08-2010, 04:35 AM)Valaro Wrote: I would say tone down the black on the code and maybe change the RED (which I like) to Matrix Green too?

(02-08-2010, 05:40 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: Personally, I'd like to see more green and less black.

The red HUD is OK, but might be even better if you made more HUD, not just the charachter outline.

I'll have to post some of my edits in a little bit when I don't have a 9 month old in my lap. (she keeps hitting keys. hehe)

Photoshop #1.1 - Machinist Stalker

I have tried to combine both of your idea's to improve the picture and this is what it turned out as.

[Image: TargetLocatedv2.jpg]

I do admit it does look somewhat better however it seems a little too green now, or is that just me? Hehe.
02-08-2010, 06:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 06:45 AM by Valaro.)
Switch the target HUD to red so we can see how that looks Smile. Great job might I add
02-08-2010, 06:51 AM,
(02-08-2010, 06:45 AM)Valaro Wrote: Switch the target HUD to red so we can see how that looks Smile. Great job might I add

Photoshop #1.1.1 - Machinist Stalker

Boom.

[Image: TargetLocatedv3.jpg]
02-08-2010, 06:54 AM,
That looks WAY Better! I like it. What do you guys think?
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM,
Final suggestion. Can you capture the MxoE logo (Not abbreviated) and apply it there? Id use it as a Wallpaper Tongue