Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Would you like a Factions thread on the EMU?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
47.06%
8 47.06%
No
23.53%
4 23.53%
On the Fence
29.41%
5 29.41%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request for Faction Thread/forums
12-05-2009, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2009, 06:52 AM by Neopill.)
Request for Faction Thread/forums
Since the EMU is coming along nicely I thought it prudent to request a thread be made for Factions.

I know its early yet, but never too soon to get all our old homies and ships together here in one way. You know, for Zion! and stuff?

Just an Idea. I ran it past a few Deathstalkers on xfire, and they thought it would be cool. idk its up to you Morphy.
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2009, 10:28 AM by Morpheus.)
RE: Request for Faction Thread/forums
My opinion is "No", not for the idea, which i may like.
It's because is bit ahead of the time.

IF we had faction shown, at least, just under the char names (tag or whatever you wanna call it), so we can say: yes i belong to faction XYZ or even more, if we got the faction creation thing... i will say yes.

But, as i doubt, i will count myself as "On the fence". Let's see what other people say/opine about this and we can tell. I would like to know neo's opinion too.

PS: i never find the guild/alliance match between faction & crew xD, will make errors all the day, just to note xDDD.
12-05-2009, 10:24 AM,
No. Maybe in a few more months.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
12-05-2009, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2009, 03:18 PM by Neopill.)
(12-05-2009, 10:24 AM)ShaoX Wrote: No. Maybe in a few more months.

uh ok.

(12-05-2009, 10:22 AM)Morpheus Wrote: My opinion is "No", not for the idea, which i may like.
It's because is bit ahead of the time.

IF we had faction shown, at least, just under the char names (tag or whatever you wanna call it), so we can say: yes i belong to faction XYZ or even more, if we got the faction creation thing... i will say yes.

But, as i doubt, i will count myself as "On the fence". Let's see what other people say/opine about this and we can tell. I would like to know neo's opinion too.

PS: i never find the guild/alliance match between faction & crew xD, will make errors all the day, just to note xDDD.

I can respect that dude. And I DID mention that it may be too soon.

But you have to realize that more substance is needed here for us that arent in development. Not nessesarily me, but I just think it would be nice. and would give more reason for the casual MxOer to check these forums and get more interested. I may be wrong, but we are ALL on uncharted ground here. Why not make things more familiar? Even if it is just a mere thread where you can talk and plan our next adventures. As Factions I mean.
12-05-2009, 01:39 PM,
I don't mind if one is added, but I also fail to see the need for it. So I'm in the fence zone, I guess.
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-05-2009, 02:12 PM,
Comradery?

Allegiance?

Kinda what this whole Matrix is about. I'm sorry to argue my point further, but I really think it would be a fine addition.
Considering the world we wish to inhabit once again.
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM,
Maybe when beta comes out for this game, we can get a faction recruitment section.
12-06-2009, 12:51 AM,
Reading through the old MxO forums at SOE, I can see I didn't miss much.

The self-righteous whines about Zion, the Merv, and the Mechs...I can see why people abandoned the game in droves. Who would have wanted to pay money to watch adolescent crap like this? I mean, come on, folks, this is a game!

So, if factions and orgs and stuff is going to lead to more hysterical epeen waving, I'd say forget it. Looks to me like a proven failure in MxO, and not a best practice at all. Honestly, if we ever get a server running, and you log in and hear this same old stale "Gray rules, Zion drools, mervs are fools" shit, I mean, why bother?
12-06-2009, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2009, 02:29 AM by Neopill.)
Prospero said:

Looks to me like a proven failure in MxO, and not a best practice at all. Honestly, if we ever get a server running, and you log in and hear this same old stale "Gray rules, Zion drools, mervs are fools" shit, I mean, why bother?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uh, lol?

So you'd rather not have Factions or Orgs in the Emu? Guess you didnt PvP much.
12-06-2009, 02:47 AM,
I vote yes. It would just be an little extra fun to get us back in the mood of MxO. Factions were a BIG part of MxO in my eyes. And for the less coding literate people on the forum (like me) it gives us something to take part in.