Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MXO Mystery Theatre
05-07-2010, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010, 12:32 AM by Barloke.)
RE: MXO Mystery Theatre
I remember something like that, I'm almost positive some devs addressed it saying it was some glitch but i remember one time all of us in our faction getting aggravated because we couldnt get a access node key because of it.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
05-07-2010, 01:14 AM,
(05-07-2010, 12:31 AM)Barloke Wrote: I remember something like that, I'm almost positive some devs addressed it saying it was some glitch but i remember one time all of us in our faction getting aggravated because we couldnt get a access node key because of it.

A glitch in the Matrix, Say it isn't so!! Exclamation
05-07-2010, 02:58 AM,
LOL yeah I know! Back then they seemed to either had alot of bugs to deal with or were always trying something new. I remember the map itself was up for alot of debate. Even all the way to the end if you looked at the map there were all the boroughs laid out Westview, Richland, International, and Downtown. There was however a few outlined areas with no names on it, just a blank space. Back then we were all convinced these were to be future areas to be opened later.

I was totally convinced that was to be the case when Rarebit started sending out pictures of what was to be the data node construct. In fact I think that was one of the questions that Rarebit answered saying that it would not be possible to make new areas because of something that had to do with the hardlines and trains.

That struck me as odd though. I would think that adding a few hardlines wouldnt be so hard but apparently to make a new area required alot of man power hours and he just didnt have that kind of time I guess.
05-07-2010, 07:52 AM,
Yea, the game never fully realized it's full potential. Sad
05-07-2010, 08:44 AM,
I guess it's too early to ask if it would be possible to create new areas when the emulator comes out. If it IS possible though i am sure alot of folks would step up to try it out.
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM,
(05-07-2010, 08:44 AM)Barloke Wrote: I guess it's too early to ask if it would be possible to create new areas when the emulator comes out. If it IS possible though i am sure alot of folks would step up to try it out.

This thread has some info on the possibility of new areas:

http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com/forum/show...hp?tid=255
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM,
I know Metalogic has been quite interested in the idea of generating a new story line. IMHO, a good idea for a story would be the beginning of ideas for a new construct. Dream big and I am sure our devs will not disappoint.

Regarding the comment earlier about new areas and their incompatability with trains, etc.- the vast, the colossal irony of this is that everyone immediately bypasses the train lines as soon as they can. It's like hlding off super highway construction because people will not be able to use tricycles on it.
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM,
Ok read the post , pretty interesting and pretty much what I expected , yeah it is too early to be getting into the new content thing.

Ok back on topic welcome to MXO Mystery Theatre ! Tonight is a story of ....ummm....well....mystery... AND THE UNDENIABLE POWER OF GOSSIP!!!

We take you back to an event in ol' MXO where Malphas, Ookami, and Evalesco (or "ENvalesco" but i always called him Nabisco! LOL) had their foolish rebellion against The Merovingian. Somewhere in Westview (and thats because I dont know exactly where it was) was a church and in that church we had vampires and werewolves and red pills all listening to Envalesco talk alot of craziness about dropping the Merv for them.

They claimed they were all powerful and all knowing and were better dressers than the Merv. Alot of the true Mervs wouldnt hear of it but they did get a convert and it wasnt a Merv, it was a Mech from the Rakshas, I think the guy's name was BumHunter (*does bad Obiwan impression* "now that's a name i havent heard in a long time....a long time").

Well they brought their new convert to the podium and after a fancy light show the redpill dissappeared!

Now after all the "oohs and ahha and where then hell is BH?" Envalesco told us that ol' BumHunter was changed, that his code somehow was altered. Now this was a time when we took everything literally and had no idea that the Dev that was controlling the character "Envalesco" was just rp'ng this and had not really done anything to BumHunter, but none of us knew that at the time.

What followed was mass hysteria and gossip of epic proportions. Questions poured out and opinions as to what powers BumHunter had. Was he a blood drinker? Would he look all pasty and vampire like (as opposed to his regular pasty and dumb-like?) What were his powers exactly? Then the eyewitness reports of BumHunter stalking other red pills, the accounts of people saying they were attacked by BumHunter who seemed to posses unnatural powers, and one unfourtunate eyewitness account of BumHunter dancing in nothing but his skivvies on some corner in Richland.

Well we wouldn't hear of this and if the devs could have coded us some torches and pitchforks we would have been the perfect image of a mob out for Frankenstein's blood. We hunted the BumHunter all through Richland, Westview and International (of course by then we were getting killed by agents who duly informed us we were in a restricted area) but we caught up with Bum and demanded answers, to which he just took off his pants and dove into a hardline.

As with all things when the People demand answers (and are willing to whine alot in the MXO forums) the Powers That Be came clean and told us all that no, BumHunter did not get special powers and basically we were all a bunch of idiots.

But I believe the idea was born, months or years later (don't know exactly when) on a Halloween Event people were being changed into zombies and to make matters even more interesting there were some powers associated with Lycans a redpill could have...

And so ends another tale from MXO Mystery Theater!
05-07-2010, 08:16 PM,
Lol!, I love all those stories. Mostly about hidden glitches or unknown (aka "?") things within the game xD.

And to you, curious people. We could paste a copy (literally, copy) of one map, and load there somehow, linking the packets that change world to a trigger (an npc, a position into world... whatever).
But modify that to a new map... is other thing Tongue.
05-11-2010, 06:58 AM,
Guys, btw I really love this thread Big Grin
"Don't think you are, know you are..."