Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Story Ideas
03-20-2010, 08:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM by Kid.)
RE: Possible Story Ideas
I think that the only way to escape for Zion is to have Meros, Machines up against the wall...
03-21-2010, 01:47 AM,
(03-20-2010, 08:03 PM)Kid Wrote: I think that the only way to escape for Zion is to have Meros, Machines up against the wall...

How would they do that?
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM by Metalogic.)
.....What? I'm not trying to be a smartass, really, I'm just not quite getting what you're trying to say.
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM,
Sorry. What isn't clear?

Anyway, shortly:
- Machines are responsable for people who are connected to Matrix. If Matrix crashes, all people die. Indeed after last crash, a lot of people died. And, if Humans die, Matrix can't exist. So, Machines need of "new" Humans to repopulate Matrix. I dicuss about that. At this point, Machine can need of "pure" Humans to clone and put in Matrix. Machines have CropFields, but over there Humans aren't important because they have the same function\importance of a battery - nobody can tell if "those" Humans are fine to repopulate Matrix. It can be the moment for Zion to fight for its rights. The treaty of "The Second Renaissance" is a legend: humans aren't obbligated to bow to pressure of the Machines anymore.
And in the real world, after centuries, the sky can be clean. Machines can't go past that "black" layer, only Humans with an Hovercraft can resist. Zion can stipulate a new Treaty with Machines in all this, but, obviously, it will not be so simple.

- after I discuss about a possible Merovingian's divine origin.
You just need only to make a small research online. Possible fathers of the Merovigian can be: either Faramondo (King) or the Quinotaur (linked to Neptune). In The Matrix Online, you can find a naive proof. I always though that Merovigian had a link with One.

Is it more clear now? ..

If you meant this: where and why do sunstes look like puppets to remove (in Matrix)?
That's a small riddle, not mine. It already hasn't any answer. I think it can be resolved in Matrix for a part.
03-21-2010, 10:18 PM,
Not 100% sure why the crop field humans aren't good enough to repopulate the Matrix (The Machines have been using that system for centuries) or even why The Matrix needs repopulating (can't think of any evidence to suggest theres significant loss of life following restarts).

Oh and The Merovingian was confirmed to be an operating system for an early version of The Matrix. Some people say the first but I've always been more inclined to say the second, hence his affiliation for the more fantasy based programs.
03-21-2010, 11:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2010, 11:26 PM by Kid.)
I notice a small short circuit in what Architect says:
"its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated [...] The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program. [...] After which you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Matrix. Failure to comply with this process will result a cataclysmic (?) system crash killing everyone connected to the Matrix which couple with the extermination of Zion will result the extinction of the entire human race"

So you (we) need of 3 conditions:
A) One, who will sacrifice himself (?)
B) 23 individuals (who?)
C) success of process

Connect A, B and C. I base my theory on that. This time there wasn't a new One to sacrifice and Matrix wasn't closed correctly, so, [C] the process wasn't completed. Machines could analyze the DNA of humans, and if\when they found right ones, they could put them in Matrix. So, where should the difficulty be? In my opinion, that is not a casual opportunity. One is able to do a thing better than Machines: either Machines already believe in a total unconditional surrender by Humans or they seriously have difficulties everytime Matrix crashes. In every case Humans are useful for Machines.

Or! there's an other suggestion about Laws of Asimov, in particular first one:
1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm

The first part was broken (ie. Smith Vs One), the second one already is solid.. I guess. Deux Ex doesn't kill Neo immediately, he leaves a chance to Neo.
An iron system (like Matrix) can only induce somebody to fight against the authority. Indeed, on the one hand you see Machines who don't permit the total released of Humans enslaved, on the other hand you see some programs (like Rama Kandra or Smith) who are disposed to sell their "souls" either to leave Matrix or to permit to somebody else (ie. Sati) to have a life in the real world. And... Only Merovigian is able to do that.

lol Merovigian had the KeyMaker, maybe he left a last small gift.
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM,
Kid, you misunderstood what the Architect was saying.

He was saying that if Neo DOES NOT comply, boom Matrix humans will die. He never said any timeframe in which this would happen. It could take 50-100 years. It could take hours, we don't know. The point is, if the One doesn't willingly disseminate his code back into the source, then they can't restart the cycle, and people connected to the system would one by one wake up and drown in their pods, or just plain go batshit insane. There's no need to explain a timeline, because this would happen at a different pace for different people.

As for the "16 female, 7 male" that was solely to repopulate Zion. Remember how Morpheus stated, "He freed the first of us and said that he would return someday" when he explained to Neo about the One in the first movie? Well, if Neo chose that path instead of choosing Trinity, then he would have chosen to rebuild Zion (and it takes 7 males and 16 females to do lots of fuckin' to rebuild Zion) and he would have started the prophecy lie all over again. Another system of control that the Machines had over humans.

It's really hard to have an open conversation on this, because of the language barrier, but I'll keep trying.

As for putting the humans in Zion in the Matrix, first of all, they didn't have any plugs. Something tells me that you can't just cut an adult human open and insert these plugs into them and then jack that human into the Matrix after having experienced the real world their entire lives. In fact, it sounds to me like a guaranteed way to kill a human. Their minds would NEVER go for that. The humans in the Matrix are all set up with plugs and jacked into the system from a VERY young age (hence them showing that baby in a pod that's being filled up). Those in the real just couldn't handle that kind of change physically as well as mentally.

Secondly, the sentinels were sent to Zion to kill its inhabitants. There was no use of the humans in Zion, because the Machines thought they understood everything they could ever need to know about human beings. I mean, they successfully destroyed Zion and rebuilt it multiple times already. No, they have no need for the Zionites. They are simply a system of control for the next cycle, and that is it. Target practice.

Also, the Merovingian kidnapping the keymaker was, as far as I understood it, a one-time occurrence. I don't think that every single "One" before had to fight the Merovingian's henchmen in order to get the keymaker. There's nothing to state to the contrary, but at the same time, there's nothing to state that it always happens that way either.

As for Asimov's laws and how they apply to Smith, he wasn't really a robot. He was a computer program that appeared to be allowed to kill humans. I don't think Asimov's laws applied to the Matrix. I think it was a distortion of the laws, where perhaps killing one human was acceptable if in doing so you save countless others.

Look at it this way, the very EXISTENCE of Agents and how they operate (not just smith) negates Asimov's laws. For instance, if an Agent takes over a human's body and is then killed, the HUMAN is killed, not the AGENT. Therefore, there are acceptable levels of human death to the machines in this system.
[Image: citylineidea.png]
04-27-2010, 02:52 PM,
I think what happened here is everyone fleshed out alot of ideas. It looks like a huge undertaking and one that really is going to rely on the actual game performance. I do have hope that the game will be every bit as good as the previous version and even more so that there will be a possibility to add some things on to it. For now though in my case the storyline itself should be on hold until the game is fully functional.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
04-20-2011, 07:30 PM,
It is very realistic topic and it require such kind of activity for pop up to that. I like this topic, it is something on which one master mind can write. I love to read more in future about these.
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM,
[quote='Noxton' pid='7765' dateline='1269184227'

Well, if Neo chose that path instead of choosing Trinity, then he would have chosen to rebuild Zion (and it takes 7 males and 16 females to do lots of fuckin' to rebuild Zion) and he would have started the prophecy lie all over again. Another system of control that the Machines had over humans.[/quote]

Hahahaha i'd loved to sit down for an evening discussing matrix related topics, with a drink, with you, and i bet it would be a very good conversation.. with a laugh too.
[Image: 38503415623903447979810.jpg]