Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick idea for hovercrafts
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM,
Quick idea for hovercrafts
Okay, so i quickly thought this up when i was in bed this morning and felt it was a decent enough idea to offer to the community,so please excuse any holes >_<

Basically, my idea for Hovercrafts is to essentially copy the way that ships work on SWG, aka the fact that you can move around inside of them, see space through the windows, and all of that jazz. I don't mean stuff like driving them or shooting from them (though maybe that could work at some point)

The bad things about this are that we would essentially have to ask the SWGEmu team to help us out with this, aka sharing the code i guess or whatever, and that the devteam would need to be able to actualy create things using some sort of development program or whatever.

Just my 2 cents, but we can also turn this into a nice little thread for idea's on a hovercraft system.

/Start_Discussion
01-30-2010, 11:21 PM,
RE: Quick idea for hovercrafts
Not way to implement in-game.

Could be done without help outside the game, like all the 3d things with more or less success.

If not on game.. why? :S
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM,
what relevance does swgteam code have to do with us ?
you do realise that the two games HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON
01-31-2010, 01:07 AM,
(01-31-2010, 12:30 AM)rajkosto Wrote: what relevance does swgteam code have to do with us ?
you do realise that the two games HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON

I wasnt actualy being serious about the coding >_>
It was more about the way you can walk around in ships on SWG and trying to figure out if we could get that too work with hovercrafts inside.

Jesus, theres no need to get so offended over a simple idea.
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM,
just said it because i keep reading posts with similar content on how "we should look how swgemu did it" and stuff
and no, your idea will never get executed because we dont have the model exporters/ level editors
01-31-2010, 01:44 AM,
(01-31-2010, 01:22 AM)rajkosto Wrote: just said it because i keep reading posts with similar content on how "we should look how swgemu did it" and stuff
and no, your idea will never get executed because we dont have the model exporters/ level editors

Aye, don't worry about it, i understand how stressful it is to hear stuff like that.

And yeah, i figured as much. Though, one day i'am sure the devs could probably cook one up somehow.
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM,
Lets get the core game rolling first...then we can worry about adding things.

Keep in mind at first were going to simply have a giant chat room at best. So start getting used to that idea.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM,
You know, as cool as hovercrafts would be, I'd be perfectly happy to have hovercraft interiors, and nothing more than that.

I remember it was when I was logging off not long after I had joined my first Crew, and I thought, "You know, wouldn't it be cool if we had two kinds of jacking out: the normal kind that quits the game, and an in-game kind that lets you leave the Matrix but wake up in your Matrix-jacking chair back in your Crew's hovercraft? Like have the interior of a hovercraft to serve as your Crew's "headquarters"? And the larger your crew is, the larger the hovercraft's area is (from a two- or three-man Logos-sized hovercraft to a massive God-knows-how-many-man hovercraft that would dwarf the Osiris and the Nebuchadnezzar)? And, of course, you'd have to pick a separate "hobo wear" outfit for your Redpill while in the Real. And Emerald would naturally be a Plain Jane brunette because I'm gonna let you in on a secret: the green hair is just a Virtual Reality dye job...." Big Grin

And, of course, there's always the chance that one of your crewmates might take a Reputation dump and switch Organizations, leading to the occasional hovercraft-side skirmish. But that could lead to permadeath, couldn't it? Die in the Real and that's it; no reconstructing your RSI when you're a pile of plasma-charred meat in the hovercraft's bridge. Okay, so that last part might suck, but I do like the rest of my jack-out-into-the-hovercraft idea.... Smile

Too bad the devs never thought to toss that in. Alas. Undecided

(01-31-2010, 02:29 PM)Rxu Wrote: Lets get the core game rolling first...then we can worry about adding things.

Keep in mind at first were going to simply have a giant chat room at best. So start getting used to that idea.
Ooh! Think Morpheus will ever animate a bunch of Agents just to antagonize us? Big Grin
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM,
(02-06-2010, 06:04 PM)EmeraldSkye Wrote: Ooh! Think Morpheus will ever animate a bunch of Agents just to antagonize us? Big Grin

I'm sure he's planning something incredibly devious for us, don't worry about that!

And on the topic, as mentioned before, adding simple new things to the game - like new weapon models - is actually pretty hard to do, thanks to the way the game was made. I doubt creating hovercrafts - as nice as that sounds - is on their to-do list.

Still, I remember back in the days wishing that we had some kind of Real in MxO. Either Hovercrafts, Zion, 01, or whichever. But I sincerely doubt it'll ever happen.
[Image: Dee.jpg]

02-06-2010, 06:43 PM,
(02-06-2010, 06:33 PM)Agent Pace Wrote: And on the topic, as mentioned before, adding simple new things to the game - like new weapon models - is actually pretty hard to do, thanks to the way the game was made. I doubt creating hovercrafts - as nice as that sounds - is on their to-do list.

Still, I remember back in the days wishing that we had some kind of Real in MxO. Either Hovercrafts, Zion, 01, or whichever. But I sincerely doubt it'll ever happen.
Alas. Sad

Man, I'm really feeling the rancor for Sony and their whole "Let's buy MxO just to watch it die" jazz right about now....
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]