Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampering with SOE
01-26-2010, 11:13 AM,
RE: Tampering with SOE
Sarcasm was there lol

Ok has anyone actually spoken with WBIE yet?
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM,
No, why would anyone have a reason to speak to WBIE?
01-26-2010, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2010, 12:22 PM by QuiDormit.)
WBIE has the rights to MxO, SOE I'd imagine has relinquished the rights by shutting the servers down.

As for talking to them, it's not like you can just call up WBIE and say, "uh, hey, can I has MxO?"

First, you'd need to know who to talk to. Then, when they shrug and say, "sorry, my hands are tied," or more likely, "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah *gasp for breath* baaaahahahahahahahahaha... what's MxO?"

Then you'd need to find his/her boss, and when that fails, the next person up. Then the next, and the next, and the next...

I bet that MxO is so dead by this point that there isn't even a person to talk to. Furthermore, even if the interested party had an assload of money, I don't think they'd sell the rights...

I'm not saying, "don't try," I'm saying "where the fuck would one even begin if they were to try?"
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2010, 12:48 PM by Metalogic.)
(01-26-2010, 12:21 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: WBIE has the rights to MxO, SOE I'd imagine has relinquished the rights by shutting the servers down.

As for talking to them, it's not like you can just call up WBIE and say, "uh, hey, can I has MxO?"

First, you'd need to know who to talk to. Then, when they shrug and say, "sorry, my hands are tied," or more likely, "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah *gasp for breath* baaaahahahahahahahahaha... what's MxO?"

Then you'd need to find his/her boss, and when that fails, the next person up. Then the next, and the next, and the next...

I bet that MxO is so dead by this point that there isn't even a person to talk to. Furthermore, even if the interested party had an assload of money, I don't think they'd sell the rights...

I'm not saying, "don't try," I'm saying "where the fuck would one even begin if they were to try?"

I think the more pertinent question is, "Why would anyone try?"
I mean what's the point in contacting WBIE? So they can sue the Devs and get this project shut down?
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM,
Yeah, I say we keep our heads down and support our dev staff. By them coding their own components, they are circumventing any legal action that could be thrown at them.
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM,
(01-17-2010, 01:50 PM)Xtank Wrote: You think if enough people ask we can get the files and info we need from whatever they have left in the mxo archive? because come on...what are they gana do with it besides copy the engine

Good idea. I heard SOE's relation services are impeccable.
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM,
(01-26-2010, 12:47 PM)Metalogic Wrote: I think the more pertinent question is, "Why would anyone try?"
I mean what's the point in contacting WBIE? So they can sue the Devs and get this project shut down?
Not to be a downer, but this is the internet. If they cared, they'd be able to find this place pretty easily.

And if they don't see it now, somewhere along the line when it's released they'll come wanting their stuff back because somebody else told them and/or there's a bunch of publicity.

But I haven't heard much on the WoW front, and that's a live MMO with a bunch more private servers than MxO. Though I suppose it's easier to set up a server when all the assets are there (relatively speaking, of course).