Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst/Best time in MxO
01-05-2010, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM by nighthawk7000.)
Worst/Best time in MxO
Hey guys,

What was your worst & best experience in MxO?

My Best day(s): I had a few of these. Almost all of them when I was having a war, or RP war with other factions...all though the days of being a hitman were insanely fun. Spy wars were the best though.

My Worst day(s): Well with the good comes the bad. I got myself into these situations, so they weren't exactly tragedies:

When I decided to not exactly think before speaking, and got killed by one of the twins (there are still pics of this on the old forum)

When as a hitman I decided to do a hit on my own org. Did not go well. I think everything tried to kill me the whole day XD.

There's more, but I fear this has already turned into a rant.
[Image: newsig-1.jpg]
01-05-2010, 08:42 AM,
RE: Worst/Best time in MxO
I remember our first huge community party we had with Sundog from Radio Free Zion during the beta. I even remember when the devs added the Radio module in-game specifically because of how big RFZ got...

I took a random road trip over 200 miles to meet Sundog at the "unofficial" launch party. I got 3 signed first edition "Concrete" comics, signed by Paul Chadwick.

Those were the days...
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM,
Best time: Fighting off Machines during our live events Smile and all the duels I had against people
worst time: getting admin pwned by rarebit for killing him during a live event and farming
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM,
Best day: Discovering the code bits that unmasked Veil. 2fist and I decided he should get credit because he was faction leader at the time. haha... actually the truth is ... we both e-mailed it in but his arrived first. hehe. Bloody slow connections.. lol

Second best day: The day my movie "Fists of Code" was shown in game. Even though they couldn't use the original soundtrack due to copyright issues it was still pretty damn scooby seeing my movie on the big screens in Tabor park. I sat there all day. hahaha.
Fists of Code at youtube

Third best day: Every other day I spent in MxO with my faction, allies, friends, and yes... even my (pretend) enemies. Damn machines... lol.

Worst day: Having to leave MxO due to RL reasons that I don't want to go into. lol.
[Image: Skysig1.jpg]
01-06-2010, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM by Neopill.)
Best times - Being taken to Gruesome when I was lvl 12 by Windstriker, tripping on Acid and in sneak following and watching him destroy Ravenous Bloodboys and the like. He was solo using the Howitzer/destroyer (cr 1.0) so the light show was bitchin! Man that was cool, I had some sweet drum and bass rollin in the background and those glowing red tattoos those dudes had was sick looking.
- PvP
- Wrecking MikeCool3's year by smoking his ass in duels, best of 5, 3 to 0, MA loadouts. At Mara C after he talked about 2 hours worth of sh1t during a really sweet night of Random awesome PvP. (Syntaxers know what im talking about when I say random awesome)
- Live Events and Espi's RP/PvP, oh and also Lucadellos as well, good times.

bad times - Losing touch with old friends and not geting to see them in-game before close. Finding out that I guess it really was'nt Morpheus that sent me that message that everyone thought I had photoshopped, but was found to be true almost 2 years later. Well, true that I didnt photoshop it.
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM,
Some good times in MxO was when I finally joined a faction, Clan Darkstar, after a few months in Beta. Team missions, Teamspeak and clothing sharing for an MMO newbie were so cool

Neoteny's invitation to a LE operation to flush out a Cyph spy in Zion. He spent about a year cracking a code and following clues to learn that the LE staff that put that wheel in motion were long gone. Rarebit rewarded Neoteny with this event and it was a great mix of good personalities and organization.

Lesig 2.0 propelled the game in chapter 7. For a few months there, it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Bad Times: Clan Darkstar fading, Falling out with the Trust, Lesig leaks drama and Rarebit calling it quits.
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM by Morpheus.)
i feel sad when i see this kind of topics.. i got not moments...

But to say one:

Good: When i saw one person (alive) inside the game, NeoExcidious and he brought me to MaraC, where i saw real people doing... well mara things.

And i died fighting with someone that activated its pvp flag (i was there like a fly, just testing things xD).

Bad: The shutdown, of course. i wanted to be inside some more time.
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM,
I was pretty much happy anytime I was jacked in. Whether being in a big social situation like a large Live Event, a smaller social situation like chillin or PvPin in Mara or even doing mindless solo stuff like running Archive missions or farming (in those cases I was quite content too because I could just listen to killer music, have a good movie on in the background or listen to a radio show or some type of spoken word audio program to keep my mind engaged). Having a couple beers after work, being jacked in on a Friday or Saturday night with the tunes going as a prelude before going out. On a lazy Sunday. Anytime. I mean quite literally it was All. Good.

The worst was in late October of 2008 when Rare decided he was going to discontinue Live Events and critical missions in favor of a static grindem quest system. I knew at the time that this would be the Beginning of the End. From that point on, then when he quit, when no one replaced him, when we got a complete Wall of Silence from SOE and finally the announcement that the game was ending, it was like watching a car crash in super slow motion drawn out over months, and being helpless to do anything about it. My only regret is that I didn't have enough time to do all the things I wanted to do, especially after finding Bay's patch & mods and diving into that. I could have used about one more week, haha, but then again the hard wall of August 1st was as good a time as any, I suppose.
01-07-2010, 05:35 AM,
Alot of you guys mention live events, I never really got into them.

Personally I loved the player driven, well everything. I loved watching the politics of factions, watching the in game economy (as small as it was) do its workings, and occasionally, suffer epic fails. Everyone developed an interesting persona in game, making RP an absolute blast!

It's like a scaled down version of EVE Online, except we're not floating in space ships, and we can relate to the world a bit more (And we get to dress like bad asses).
[Image: newsig-1.jpg]
01-07-2010, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM by Zackattack.)
Good times: Beta, PvP, leveling up to 50 2x, Recent Events I've attend, The Assassin's Event, and Piece of The Blue Sky event

Bad times: SOE, and shutting down MxO
[Image: aa945.png]

[Image: atorak.png]