Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project
Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Printable Version

+- Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project (http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? (/showthread.php?tid=215)

Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Skyscream - 12-23-2009

I was just wondering if folks think I should actually watch the cinematics near the 'end'? I was so disappointed when I heard the doors closed that I never did catch up. Those of you who remember me know that I had very clear ideas about what SHOULD be happening in the Matrix and I have a bad feeling that they will just leave an awful taste in my mouth....

So.. what the hell... I decided to put up a poll and see what folks think I should do. hehe.

Cheers!

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Brainwasher416 - 12-23-2009

if you wanna see how sad soundless still cinematics can possibly be then do it, i think they shoulda just given it to us in panel comic form.

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Neoteny - 12-23-2009

It's extremely hard to follow who's doing what and what the hell's going on on the cinematics made by Rarebit.

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - rajkosto - 12-23-2009

soundless ?
the ones i saw had sound in them, then they just stopped doing them and put up only screenshots in the cinematics page of the game, couldnt play anything

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - cloudwolf - 12-23-2009

Depends, without the context of what was going on in the story they're fairly confusing.

Still, I think they're worth a watch. Never understood the disgust at animated cinematics anyway, it's just a different art style. Rarebits are a little different admittedly but it's pulled off fairly well for what it is (black and white shapes made in photoshop 4).

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - FishyHat - 12-24-2009

I watched them all several times, it is a bit hard to follow but i wasn't really into MxO for very long. I suppose if i was there for longer i may have a better grasp on what was happening.

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - telemancer - 12-24-2009

I too think they are worth watching, warts and all. hey and welcome back sky! T

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Skyscream - 12-24-2009

Thanks for the input folks.
I personally never had a problem with the comic style, well... except for the laser eyes thing (pew pew), but rather the direction the stories took sometimes. But that's just me. Maybe I will check them out in the next couple days.
And thanks Tele. Glad to be around. ;D

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - SaintVel - 12-25-2009

you should watch them just for the fudge of it.

RE: Should I watch the last of the Cinematics from SOE? - Morpheus - 12-25-2009

I will watch em all when i am ready! (dont want spoil myself).

Got em all stored on the area 61 base of my HD!
plus some manual ... maybe it helps me sometime! XD.