Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project

Full Version: Status of The EMU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2010, 11:49 AM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody!

This thread is just a sticky where the dev and management members will post (better said update/edit) what are they doing atm, so you all can see where is the coffee & donuts place atm.

Neo: Prototyping Margin Server (Working on).
Morpheus: Prototyping World server (Developing 25%)
Valaro: Working on forum events + frontpage (That's never ending Tongue)

------------------
Tasks done (previous steps):

# Soon Big Grin #

(03-09-2010, 06:23 PM)Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Good Idea Smile
i thought about it yesterday lol.

So atm the Tasks for me are .

- Cleanup Auth (and add later RSA key generation packet to it ..which i think will make very easy with just sending current keys instead of new one).

- Start Dev Margin Server today

(03-09-2010, 11:07 PM)Valaro Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed I agree Good idea Morpheus. Smile

I am currently working with Neo on doing some little upgrades to the front page things like:

1. Changing some of the links, and putting together some ones that will be more helpful
2. Will be discussing more pages on the website for thingd like Downloads of Wallpapers and/or tools (being placed on our server rather than an upload site)

Forum ideas include:

1. Screenshot of the Week - Complete!
2. Redpill of the Week- Pending!
3. Community Uplink (via email)- Pending until further notice
4. The Other Side of The Looking Glass- Coming Soon

Thanks

Valaro

Discuss at: Development
Little update over the list.
Neo moved to Margin server (2nd server before world).

I started to develop the world server days ago, now testing the prototype and starting to implement upgrades until reach v2 functionalities, with upgrades.
Encryption/decryption done succesfully again (were bitches xD).
UPDATE and IMPORTANT NOTICE :
- From today and now on, we are 100% independent from reality.
- Margin and auth has the same state as reality v2 alpha had now.
- And world is there too lol.

Next Actions :
- Morpheus will transfer the code to c++
- We use our Python Server now for Packet Analyse/Testing for margin server
- Dynamically create the Margin Character Reply packets so that stuff is loaded by character
- Create Character with the normal Create Functions from ingame.

A little Screen for it (well servercode is just some chaos, will cleanup it now and merge at next the three parts together).

[Image: hardlinedreams.jpg]
As our last update notice is a little bit away, we like to inform you where are we working on .

UPDATE :
- We decided to change our opinion about the programming language and instead of using c++ , we are using now C#/ mono . After some tests with RSA and twofish, it is lot easier and faster to handle as c++ or python.

- Status C# Margin Server : Static way (like reality v2) is 99% done (just one issue with the TCP Var Len Packets).

- Status C# World Server : Compared with Reality V2 i would say it is 70% done (just some packets are missing). But it is directly coded in the way that it handles submessages on 04 properly. 04 message receive parser is still in work too .

- Auth Server : tests are done on it with RSA , which works well..just implementation is missing , but will follow as next too .

At all we are on a very good way, and we was wondering how good some things in c# works Smile
Just to add another update.

We tested the full pack in separate projects, without messing code. it worked nicely, so i'm putting it all together, and upgrading the code.

Should have a near-to reality v2 version in no time. I hope that we could set the emotes and all the things i add to V2 before shipping this to the world hehe.

We try to keep it in a clean code state, so interested peeps can go into what they want and have a peek on the inner working Wink.
i must say..i like the c# way...and we can kick in our ass that we didnt tried before Smile

but now we have c# version and i still love it^^.

rofl and we can say we have coded the world server 4 times in different languages *g* :

c++
python
c#
php

rofl Big Grin and margin and auth in 2 langs ^^.
Well, i'm gonna say that emu is almost redone in c#, being auth & margin (world list + inventory & skills servers) done, and just world to be tuned.

I will take some days as holidays, and will (re)code world when i'm back here Wink.

Margin looks pretty Tongue.

Oh yeah, a shot with a packets replayed (harcoded) world Wink

[Image: wunderbar.png]

PS: yeah, we can do the MoTD customized in both date and text Wink.
rofl really cool stuff Tongue

yeah i think the modt is just a margin packet as far as i know.
Sorry for the lack of updates & delay peeps.

I'm working on two jobs now + having examns (r o f l) and i almost dont sleep. At least examns end on july 15th and 2nd work on 31th. Will be a relief.

And neo has been kidnappe... err i mean is on a long and very very happy trip (i wish i could do the same thing "soon" Tongue)

Life is hard tho!

On the other hand, whenever i'm free, i can say that i will try to collaborate with tastee on having a base server for both projects, with coding collaboration too. Having auth + margin on c# done, i hope to get a world lite version before anniversaire Tongue.