Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project

Full Version: Same Question Threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Should I start closing threads that ask the same questions and start deleting them or putting them into an archive at the bottom of the main forum?
Lock them and link the poster to the FAQs List if the question can be answered there, I guess. After that, you could probably archive them, but I doubt anyone would look in it since new people don't know how to use the search function.

You could just make a basic message to include in locked threads (also could save that message in notepad or some shit so you can easily copy/paste it again lol), containing the FAQs link (if needed) and a little note telling them to try the search function before posting.

Just my two cents.
Check your PMs. I'll send you something.
Yea, get sick of seeing same questions asked again and again...
I agree with Gerik, link to FAQ and lock.
I also agree.
Never delete, that is community management 101. Either archive or do like the others have said above Smile
like the question how to get in the emu...omg the most frequently asked question
So far it seems we are going to be archiving the posts.

Thanks for the replies. Im going to keep the thread open a few more days and then Ill make a decision with Neo & Morpheus.

Thanks

Val