Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project

Full Version: FAQs: Please Read Here First! [Discussion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Q: "When did this project start?"
A:
Morpheus Wrote:Neo and I became to start working on late may/june of this year 09. So taking june, it would be 5 months + the days in november. Yeah that was about 2 months before closing

Q: "Is the project done?"
A: No.

Q: "How long till the emulator of The Matrix Online is finished?"
A: There's no set completion date, possible finish is between 6 month to a year.

Q: "Will there be any major changes made to the game once finished?"
A: The game will be exactly the same from when SOE had it online, aside from possible updates done by the development team.

Q: "Will CR1 be live in this?"
A: No, the development/coding of the emulator is for CR2.

Q: "I see people posting screen shots of them playing MxO, is the emulator done?"
A: Currently there is no program to run the stand alone client.

Q: "I don't own the original game discs to install/uninstalled the game when it closed. Do you guys have a download for the game here?"
A: The patched version of the game can be found here, you will need to make a new folder and extract all files into it after downloading. Unpatched versions of the game can be found here and/or here, to patch them, download the patched link and replace the files.

Q: "Are you guys accepting donations from anyone right now?"
A: There's currently no system set up for taking donations.

Q: "Is there any way I can help with this project?"
A: Unless you know how to reverse engineer the game code or analyze packet logs, then no.

---
If anyone else has ideas for questions that aren't up here, please send Valaro or myself (Gerik) a PM and I'll add them if necessary, thanks.
---

Feel free to post any ideas or comments that can help improve this list.
Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.
(11-28-2009, 09:37 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.

Indeed, operative.

If anything, Morpheus, Neo or rajkosto can lock the threads and put in a link, directing them here and saving them time to answer if the poster can't read. If this doesn't help, well then maybe...

[Image: banhammer1.jpg]
Ha! And some people on the old forums said it would be a waste of hard disk memory to not uninstall MxO after July 31st. Can you believe it? Big Grin

If nothing else, I can now have the means to ham up some more of those silly Matrix Poopies webcomic-like feats of audacity. I wonder if I can remake Agent Pace and Agent Gray with this emulator. Hmmm....

*downloads like hell (and it's about time I got around to doing that)*
Oh! But live events characters are unfortunately not made in the same way the player-type characters are, so you can't make them with the RSI tool - though I'm sure you can come up with look alikes!
Just popping in to say that this FAQ is awesome.

Also, I think Morpheus said that MxO does not have to actually be installed into a computer. I'm not sure how that works, though.

EDIT: Here is where Morpheus wrote it.
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-64-post-...ll#pid1373
Quote:...
Just un7zip it dude. Mxo doesnt need to be installed.

I got it just copy-pasted in my home xp system xD.

A good game and also portable! (if you call 5-7gb portable)
(11-28-2009, 08:58 PM)Gerik Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2009, 09:37 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.

Indeed, operative.

If anything, Morpheus, Neo or rajkosto can lock the threads and put in a link, directing them here and saving them time to answer if the poster can't read. If this doesn't help, well then maybe...

[Image: banhammer1.jpg]

Like the card, though it would be better (and more true to the spirit of the MxO mods) if it were to read "Stern, but arbitrary".
(11-29-2009, 02:09 PM)Agent Pace Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! But live events characters are unfortunately not made in the same way the player-type characters are, so you can't make them with the RSI tool - though I'm sure you can come up with look alikes!
True enough. I was an active player during that whole downer where the Assassin killed Morpheus, and I had to think "You know, it would be cool to have Morpheus' trenchcoat. Now that he's dead, I wonder if I can have it. They don't even have to patch up the bullet holes first." Big Grin

But yeah, the trenchcoat was probably unique and hard-coded into Morpheus' model. Ah, well.
Thanks very much for the info...i know it's a pain to monitor these forums, asking question after question...on top of trying to get the game working.
Just know that the work everyone is putting into this is greatly appreciated, & i personally can't wait for the outcome.
(02-16-2010, 02:20 AM)WolfpaCk_2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much for the info...i know it's a pain to monitor these forums, asking question after question...on top of trying to get the game working.
Just know that the work everyone is putting into this is greatly appreciated, & i personally can't wait for the outcome.

Funny part about it is, I have made a post and have it updated by Gerik in the News Forum with the FAQ's in. PLUS Gerik and Metalogic (Very active posters) have it in there sig and its on a hundred odd threads saying go look in this link (FAQ's) and yet still, we have players creating threads with the title:

Not Completed Yet? How Long? -_-
Pages: 1 2